Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bye Bye 7th Ward

So today was my last day in my ward :( For the past 4 years I have been in the University Stake. It is a stake made up of 8 singles wards, until next Sunday. 3 of the wards-including mine are being dissolved. I have been in my current ward for almost 2 years. It is such a great ward and I am really sad to be leaving it. I will now be going to a different singles ward and not even in one of the 5 remaining wards. I checked it out a month ago and I went to the new member meeting. I was the only one in there that had not just graduated....from HIGH SCHOOL!!! Now I feel old. In 7th ward, I was not old, I was young. Oh well, I will make the best of it, at least I have a ward to go to :)
We had an extra long sacrament meeting, and then the Bishopric and their wives spoke to us and then we had a dinner and then a fireside-talk about a LLLOOOONNNGGGGG Sunday. It is 7:00 and I just got home. I am going to put on my comfy clothes and hang out.
On the schedule for this week....
Body Jam :)
Water Aerobics practice and team teaching
Temple
Ward goodbye party
Teaching instruction course at my gym
Dinner with friends/old roomies
Yesterday, Tyler was baptised and I was asked to lead the music. I did fine until mom was messing up on the piano-which to her credit-it was a weird player piano and those are hard to play-and I started to laugh. And then on the closing hymn Brigham made me laugh by getting a little TOO into the primary song about rainbows. I could not help but laugh. Sorry to those there.
After the baptism, mom and dad went to a reception and I went out a blew a bunch of money on things I really didn't need. I went to Ulta and bought new makeup, and Cat Walk Curls Rock line of product to try out on my curls. I bought the shampoo/conditioner a couple weeks ago and love it, so I thought I would try out the rest. I used it today and not too excited about it. I also bought my favorite perfume right now called "shine" by incanto. LOVE IT!!!
Then I met up with m & d to see Mamma Mia. I have seen it 2 times-once in Tucson and once in NYC, so I know the story. It was good. Probably would have been better if I didn't know what was going to happen. A little dirty at times though.
ok-enough for now-going to go veg out :)

1 comment:

jt said...

change is good, right? oldest in the new ward? that means you will be queen.

new suit on the way...

we will be there in less than 2 weeks. that went fast!