Thursday, July 24, 2008

Memorial Day-Long Weekend=Long Post

So I know this is way over due, but remember how my computer was broken? And I just got a CD full of pictures from this summer so far. So I am going to post :)

For memorial day a group of us went to Showlow to our friend Jordan's house. IT was in the mountains. A cute little house surrounded by tall trees. We got up there right after the snow had melted. So it was wet, but smelled so good.

We ate tons of food, watched movies, played WII, made up Mormon games, and rumikub. The boys played in a softball tournament. It was a nice relaxing weekend.

My friend Eric was dog sitting and couldn't find another person to dog sit, so he brought Boomer along. Everyone knows how much I love dogs, so this was extremely fun for me (I am being sarcastic, in case you don't know me.) But by the end of the trip, we were kind of friends and I think she liked me.

On Sunday we went to church and then decided to go for a Sunday drive in the woods. Eric not only brought a dog, but he brought his dirt bike too. So he and Jordan took turns riding that, while we rode along in the back of the car.
Conversation that took place that Sunday afternoon:

Eric: Lizzie, you want to go for a ride
Me: No, I don't really want to.


Everyone in the car: Lizzie go, it will be fun.

Eric: I'll be careful, come on

Me: ummm....ok......

Eric: Here, take this helmet (the Dirt Biking Helmet)

Me: That's ok, you wear that, I'll wear the skateboarding helmet.

Eric: Are you sure? I'll wear that one

Me: Yeah sure.

Me: Let me tuck my pants into my boots to they don't get caught, and so I can finish off my SEXY dirt bike riding outfit. I am really trying hard, but Eric I think you got me beat.

MY THOUGHTS-WHAT AM I DOING

We are now riding on the bike....the conversation continues.

Me: Screaming

The road opens up and Eric starts to go faster
Me: My mom would kill me if she knew I was on the back of this. That was a rule we had-never get in the back of a 2 door car, and don't ride on the back of motorcycles.
Eric: These are so safe......

Road turns, and we crash. I land on Eric and roll off to the side. The truck was right behind us and they come running. I was laughing my head off thinking-that did not just happen. And then I look at Eric and stop laughing. He was beat up pretty bad. And had he not had on that helmet he would of had a broken face-since he broke the helmet when he hit the ground.

I just ripped a pair of pants and my knee got scraped up a bit. I was sore for a few days. I haven't let him live this down, and probably won't!


After the accident, we were in the car waiting for the boys to load up the broken dirt bike, and it took a while and we started driving back and saw a bug crash on his ATV, so we picked him up as well as his ATV and took him back to his house.


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Lizzie, I'm glad you were okay. It looks like Show Low was a lot of fun.

Shannon said...

WOW honey, you were livin on the Edge!! I love it!
I Loved this Post, it was very Amusing. hee hee
Glad you are ok!

Beeswax said...

A boy I was dating talked me onto the bacl of one of those bikes once, and I ended up with second degree exhaust burns on my ankles!

Glad you weren't hurt.

Why no back seats of coupes? I know my Mom warned me of getting in the backseat with boys, but the advice wasn't car-type specific.

Anonymous said...

Holy crash! Glad you were ok and laughing. I guess that'll teach you to listen to your mom;).