Sunday, August 24, 2008

The down low on the job

Only 2 more days!!! They will probably be the two longest days ever!

I decided to quit because I can not sit at a desk 8 hours a day and make phone calls to people who think I am a telemarketer, even though I am not. I was calling between 50-100 people a day and leaving the same message over, and over and over. It is really sad because I love the company and I loved actually being a health coach. I have had a lot of great members that needed my help and I know that I have helped them, but it not what I want to do forever, so I decided it was time to move on. There may be a part-time/on-call position for me in the future at that company in which I would travel around and do health screening for them. I would love to do that, so we will see.

Until then, I will be a substitute teacher....for a couple reasons. I have been thinking since I graduated and even before that of what I want to do, my dream job. I realize that it probably won't fall in to my lap, so I have to get it done on my own. So I have 3 business ideas that I am going to be working on. One is corporate wellness and the other two dealing with childhood obesity/child fitness. I have a lot of work ahead of me. So by being in the schools, I will have the chance to work with kids, but more importantly do some research on curriculum that is taught to each grade level. Also, I will now have about 3 additional hours each day-shorter day and no traffic!!! So this will give me time to take some more classes that I need, study for certifications and get the businesses rolling.

I am excited about my decision and feel good about it. It is going to be hard financially, but after being a student, I kind of got used to that....so nothing new! Keep me in your prayers that the schools need me and that I will finally get my own aerobics class at the gym. The next slot that opens will probably be mine....in the mean time, I still get a membership at the gym for free and practicing for classes to sub is keeping me in shape :)

speaking of water aerobics-launch of the new material for all classes is this TUESDAY!!! So come-6:00 mesa club. I will be dressed up and it will be fun. If you don't go to my gym and want to come, let me know, I will get you in!

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

joe said...

Lizzie,

Congratulations on taking the big leap and leaving a situation that bugged you! Look forward to hearing more... Joe

Gini said...

Good luck Lizzie.. we love you.

Beeswax said...

Good luck! If you want a babysitting gig while you are waiting for the teachers to call, you are hired!