Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Body HATES Me

This past week was the release of Aqua Dynamic 18. This means that there are 9 new pre-choreographed songs that I had to learn to launch the new routine for our class. It takes a good month or so to get them all down. I still don't know all of them. So, in order to prepare for launch I have been practicing with the girls I launch with about 3 x week. It is hard work!
Lauch was this past tuesday....Can you guess the theme??

That's right-80's......songs included "Video Killed the Radio Star", "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" (notice the t-shirt), "Let's Groove Tonight", and "Like a Virgin"----also a little Michael Jackson, Elton John and George Michael.





From the cool down

Here I am demonstrating our Hamstring Curl


A move from our Abs track

I taught on Tuesday and then I had to practice "magic" on Wednesday to teach on Thursday. After the practice on Wednesday I was cleaning a lot----so needless to say-I was so sore and tired by Thursday night. So what did I do on Saturday??? I went to the Les Mills Quarterly.

I didn't know that this was such a big deal, but it is. Les Mills does all the Body________ programs. BodyPump, BodyStep, BodyJam (Personal Fav), BodyVive, BodyCombat, BodyAttack, BodyFlow.

No one informed me that people that go to these things are way into the whole "Body by Les Mills" concept. Everyone there had clothes for every different class to match the program color. I was there in a t-shirt and shorts- and was the only one who didn't have like full work out gear on.
Anyway-it was fun and my body still hates me. I woke up today bruised-but I don't remember running into anything-so I think it is fighting back!! AHHH

The coolest part of the day was when the Program director for BodyJam from New Zealand taught the latest BodyJam release. She is the one on all the posters and instructors videos. She was so cool to watch and it was a blast!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is cool. I need to hear more details about this, but I will just talk to you about it later.

Beeswax said...

I can't believe you worked out for that long.Your outsit is like, totally awesome.

Beeswax said...

outfit, not outsit.

heidi said...

wow, what's all this that you are up too, way to go, sounds fun!