Monday, September 08, 2008

Back to school

Subbing has been fun....and easy! I have been to Kindergarten, 3rd grade, music class and today I went to "Special Ed." I didn't exactly know what to expect, but my roommates assured me that I would not be left alone, and I would probably be subbing for the aide. So I get to the high school and I can't find the office. That was fun. Then I go to the front desk and the lady there hands me a folder and said the teacher left lesson plans on the desk---huh-what? I am the only one??

When I get to the class I find out that it is not special ed, but a resource class-where the students just do homework. The teacher left a note stating that the whole school would be working on a writing assessment and that each class should be working on that. Only the teacher did not know that the 2nd hour teacher collected them so the students didn't have them to bring to class and surprise, surprise-the students had nothing to do and they all happened to finish their books last night.....right....do I look stupid. So eventually they all "just remembered" that they had an assignment due in one of their other classes and started working on that.

I had a prep hour right after lunch so I came home for an hour and a half-then headed back for my last class. Best comment on the day. One boy was getting mad at another because he passed the sign in paper the wrong way and he said to him "that's why you have to be in the class" it took everything in me to not ask-so what is your reason??? Then, that same boy showed me a laminated hall pass that he uses when he has a stomach ache and asked to go to the nurse-and never came back....probably didn't make it to the nurse, not my problem anymore :)

Tomorrow will be Junior High English.

This week: Write Talk for Sunday (only been in the ward for a month-they always get me right away)
Softball starts tonight and my 2nd league starts tomorrow-so excited!
Babysit
Temple
D-Backs game???
Teach Aerobics

5 comments:

jt said...

good luck with jr. high english. yikes. You'll have to report on that tomorrow.

Kathy said...

Ha, students.

Gini said...

When is the d-Backs game? I'm surprised they don't think you are a student instead of the teacher. Were any of those kids in the resource room hitting on you????

heidi said...

you are seriously one busy girl. i swear every time I get on here you have a million things going

Anonymous said...

The kid with the hall pass cracks me up. Glad you're enjoying the subbing.