Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Fatherly Advice

My Dad has been giving me some dating advice lately-thanks Dad, not for the actual advice,(although it was good advice, just not good advice for me)but for a good chuckle. I'll explain



Case #1


He is constantly asking if I am dating anyone and the last time I said I was he said "Play it cool." What??? Do you know me??? I run when boys like me, so I think I usually play it "too cool" But thanks for trying :) And if any of you know my Dad-you might be laughing at that...I was, for sure! And he did too...later.


So good advice, just not for me....


Case #2


When having a conversation about a relationship and he has always told me "Don't Settle!" I have heard that over and over my whole life. (BTW-That is great fatherly advice and not the point of this post) It was the statement after that, that made me laugh. He kind of mumbled under his breath, "But babies are nice too." My next thoughts were.....ok, well let me see if I can get Molly on the phone.....


DISCLAIMER: Dad-I am not picking on you and I hope no one thinks I am making fun of my Dad-they were just funny comments. My Dad is full of great advice and I know he only has my best intentions in mind. I appreciate our phone calls and when he (and my mom) are just "checkin in." I am blessed to have parents that do love and care and CALL.....



And just for kicks and giggles here is my favorite quote from my dad "A man's got to recognize his limitations" (Dirty Harry) I have heard this a countless amount of times in my life and every time I just smile and say " I know Dad."

Love you Dad!!! (and you too, Mother Dear!)



P.S. Good pic of you two

4 comments:

Gini said...

That is a good picture.. where did you get it!!

heidi said...

your dad seriously is a crack up. I love your come back of "let me call molly"

Beeswax said...

I can totally hear his "play it cool". And yeah, since Molly jumped the line, she should get all the grandkid production pressure.

One thing at a time, eh?

PMClan said...

I had to laugh when you said "let me call Molly!" She is the next one in line (so far).

It's true that people need to say the HI greeting more often.