Friday, October 24, 2008

Nice to know you are wanted

even when you don't want to be wanted.

I told myself that when I quit my job that I would take every sub job that came and I would work everyday that I could. Today I decided that "work" does not have to include working for money. This week has been TOO CRAZY and my room is a disaster, and some other areas of the house are screaming my name. I decided last night that I was not going to accept a sub job if they called today. Which is SOOOOOO hard for me. But I figure that my mental stability is riding on this day. I better do something about it quick.

I am pretty sure I share with my sister Jane the non-ability to say "NO." (Correct me if I am wrong sis) But I remember a conversation in Utah and I think we were *********reading comics that were suppose to teach us how to do it.

So I got one call to sub today at 5:59am. I hung up on it. Then I turned my ringer off and went back to bed. I got 8 more calls. They are desperate today. I almost took one, but by the time I got out of bed, showered and got there class would have been over (half day). Then I started to feel bad and lazy, here I am laying around, and what if they don't find a sub? I know, they always work it out, but still.

So I ripped the sheets off my bed and started some laundry and sat down to blog. Do you see the ********* above. That is where another job came in and I took it. oh, the irony. But at least it doesn't start until noon and I get done at 2:20. Art class. Piece of cake : )

3 comments:

Gini said...

Good job getting those sheets off the bed tho.. on to the laundry!!

Beeswax said...

very ironic.

JennBooth said...

Man Liz i was reading that thinking if i had the choice to work everyday that probably would not be good i would definitely ignore some phone calls some days! You just need a day to yourself sometime! So take it and enjoy it!